Polypropylene Cyst Reduction Cartridges
Water borne disease has been traced to Cryptosporidium and Giardia parasites that may be present in many surface water sources. Healthy individuals typically recover from the common gastrointestinal effects, however for individuals with weakened or underdeveloped immune systems, it can be life threatening. These naturally occurring organisms are highly resistant to inactivation by conventional water treatment processes such as chlorination and thus require high performance mechanical removal technologies.
In order to ensure the safety of the water supply, standards have been established that define the minimum performance requirements for materials and components of water treatment systems. The QCR Cyst Reduction filter contains an absolute 1 micron filter media designed to provide a minimum log reduction credit of >3.0 for Cysts based on the test requirements of the Long Term 2 Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule (LT2).
• Constructed of Polypropylene or Polypropylene and Polyethersulfone - compatible with most solutions
• Double O-Ring style ends for the highest seal integrity
• 7.0 Ft² (0.65 m²) of effective filter area - high flow rates at low pressure drop - high dirt capacity
• Various O-Ring materials and configurations - easily retrofits most systems
• High Surface Area - High Flow Rates and long on-line service
• Media -- Polypropylene, Polyethersuflone (0.8)
• Gaskets/O-Rings -- Buna-N, EPDM, Silicone, Teflon Encapsulated Viton, and Viton
• Micron Ratings -- 0.8, and 1.0 Micron
• Nominal Lengths -- 5" (12.7 cm), 9.75" (24.8 cm), 10" (25.4 cm), 20" (50.8 cm), 30" (76.2 cm), 40" (101.6 cm)
• Outside Diameter -- 2.7" (6.86" cm)
• Inside Diameter -- 1.0" (2.54 cm)
• Maximum Operating Temperature -- 176°F (80°C)
• Maximum Differential Pressure -- 75 PSID @ 70°F (5.2 bar at 21°C) / 30 PSID at 176°F (2.0 bar at 80°C)
• Maximum Reverse Pressure -- 40 PSID at 70°F (2.8 bar at 21°C)
• Recommended Changeout Pressure -- 35 PSID (2.4 bar)
• USP Class VI: Meets USP Class VI Biological Test for Plastics
• FDA Listed Materials: All Materials comply with FDA Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations Sections 174.5, 177.1520, and 177.2440 as applicable for food and beverage contact.
• LT2: Performance tested and verified by independent 3rd Party Laboratory to comply with Long Term 2 Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule for reduction of cysts. Data available upon request.
Below is all information pertaining to the QCR Series Cartridge Filter:
QCR Cartridge Filter
Cannot find the configuration you are looking for? We would be happy to issue you a formal quote with exactly what you need.
Call 1-877-ANY-FILTER, Email, or LiveChat Today!